Drums By Ear - Explode Your Drum Playing
If you have always wanted to learn drums, I believe I've stumbled across the perfect resource for you.
Drums By Ear was designed for musicians wanting to learn
how to play drums without going the 'sheet music' route. As the
name implies, the method is all about being able to simply play
what you hear.
If you've never played drums before, they have a 101 course that
covers the basics.
If you can carry a beat already, there's an intermediate program
that will help you take it to the next level.
And for those folks looking for advanced licks, fills, and
beats, you'll find the advanced course very helpful.
There are tons of free video samples on the Drums By Ear page. I highly recommend checking them out, and if you like what you see, you might consider investing in one, or all of these great programs. They are definitely worth their proverbial weight in gold.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Learn, from start to finish, everything you need to know to play drums like a professional.
- Learn tons of practice techniques that'll make you an expert drummer in only half the time.
- Explore the ins and outs of ALL your basic rudiments and why they are so important on the drum set (...and not just in marching band situations).
- Cut your learning curve in half by learning a lot of the basics and fundamentals that took Bam years to pick up on his own (independence, timing, counting, rudiments on the drum set, fills, and more)!
- Independence for Beginners: How to make every limb play different rhythms without getting confused.
- How to properly hold the drum sticks and an overview on the various types and sizes of drum sticks and their purposes.
- Learn the major Do's and Don'ts when picking the right kind, brand, and size of drum equipment to match your specific style.
- Learn the basics to counting and what quarter, 8th, and 16th notes are.
- Why the single-stroke roll, double-stroke roll, 5-stroke roll, paradiddle, flam, and flam-tap are important and how to incorporate them into your playing.
- Learn the secrets to accenting the right notes to gain a more professional sound!
- Learn to create instant fills on the spot using Bam's unique "Chop Chop Barbeque" method.
- How to lock with the bass player and guarantee that you're always laying a rock-solid foundation for the other members of the band.
- Master loads of stop patterns that'll be sure to add flavor to your playing.
- Discover the secrets of "ghost notes" and the importance of using them in your practice sessions and during live performances.
- Explore time signatures like 4/4, 2/4, cut-time, 3/4, 6/8, and more!
- The importance of your job as a drummer and how to play in the "pocket."
- How to play super fast flams on all drums --- especially the famous
"snare / floor-tom / kick-drum" flam combination.
- How to alternate between various hi-hat patterns and the rules on mixing and matching them to create an endless amount of grooves.
- How to properly position your foot on the bass drum pedal to ensure a strong, consistent hit each time.
- How to play ultra-advanced fills, stroke-for-stroke! Bam repeats himself plenty of times and takes these advanced fills slow enough for anyone to catch on!
- Master the art of "crossovers" and how to enhance your grooves and fills by using them in the right places.
- Diversify your playing by learning gospel, jazz, funk, rock, and Latin grooves... all broken down, step-by-step.
- Improve your bass pedal speed: Techniques and tricks that you can use to double your foot speed right away.
- The Art of Soloing: How to "wow" audiences by incorporating a plethora of rhythms and tricks. Never play the same thing twice (... or get caught for that matter)!
- Cross-stick techniques and when to use them during live performances.
- Gospel playing: How to play uptempo shouting music on the drums.
- Master hi-hat and ride cymbal techniques: When and why to play on the bell of your ride cymbal (especially during uptempo beats).
- Unique usages for the "triplet" and why it's so powerful when used in various situations.
- Rim shot secrets: What most musicians don't understand about rim shots and how to use them appropriately.
- Advanced "licks" and "tricks" that only experienced drummers should try to imitate. All others beware.
So, do yourself a favor. Grab one or more of these courses on playing drums by ear, and explode your drum playing today! And please be sure to visit more of our great drum lesson resource pages like:
Learn & Master Drums
***(The worlds best instruction course for learning drums!)***
Begin Drumming System
***(Teaches you drums easily and fast!)***
Play Drums By Ear
***(Free drumming advice, tips, and tricks!)***
***(Your key to better drumming!)***
If you have any questions about Drums By Ear, feel free to contact us.
All the best,
PLAY BY HEARING